Saturday, March 3, 2012

November 15, 2011

Back in November(October?) I think a piston cracked. I let off to make a turn (possibly sucked up some oil from the catch can) and heard a loud snap. Seemed to run fine for while until a Turbo Dodge get-together in Iowa. I was accelerating to catch up to the guy in front of me (everything still seemed fine at that point), but as soon as I let off, a huge oil smoke cloud let out behind me and the engine started burning/spraying oil. Went through about 4 quarts of oil driving it home from Iowa (it is a Dodge and all, but that still seemed a little high for oil consumption).

Bought a short block from a local Turbo Dodge enthusiest, and have the head gasket and head bolts. I started unplugging/unbolting things connected to the engine. Should be able to get everything swapped this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment