Saturday, March 3, 2012

A new arrival

I picked up an 87 Dodge Daytona Pacifica from someone on the boards last year. Needless to say it needed some work. The exhaust needed to be put on (it was running open turbo), the power steering line leaked, and the oil feed to the turbo leaked as well. We got that all fixed, many thanks to a friend of mine for the help! I drove it around for a few months until an adapter we used for the oil distribution block broke and sprayed oil all over Hwy 2 causing some great rod knock. Then it sat in my driveway for a little bit while I gathered parts to rebuild it bigger and better.

Halfway through I weighed my options between keeping it and trying to upgrade parts that needed to be to handle some more power as well as trying to deal with some rust, or finding a shell in better shape. Well I found another '87 Dodge Daytona up in O'Niell, NE. It only had about 100k on the clock and was recently repainted. It too had a great engine failure, but at least I had a better starting point. I decided to put in a rebuilt engine with some minor upgrades.

It has:
2 Piece Intake
3" Swingvalve and mandrel bent exhaust
Boost Controller set at 14.7 psi
TII Rods and pistons(I started building an 86 TI engine block to TII specs)
A555 Manual Trans
FMIC

Here it is before we picked it up:


Here it is on the trailer:


Here it is sitting in my garage awaiting a new engine:

No comments:

Post a Comment